Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Dave Matthews Band - American Baby



The lyrics to this song are powerful. He talks about if these walls came tumbling down, how she could still make lemonade taste like a Summer day...

I get knocked down daily. I do. My Mom has a form of Dementia and she is often mean. Then she cries and apologizes.

My emotions feel like they are in a wind tunnel and they are getting blown a hundred miles an hour...Daily.

I am the brokest I have ever been. My car was repossessed this Summer. But I will praise God in this storm. Yesterday was one of the lowest days I have had in quite awhile.

We are out of everything...

I am writing this to encourage anybody else how is going through something like this.

But my faith is great. I say to these circumstances you will not defeat me! I will find joy in the sunrise and the sunset. I will find joy in this rain that is trying to beat me down. For we need the rain. So I will appreciate it instead of curse it.

I will thank God for what I do have instead of complaining about what I don't have.

I have 3 step-kids we are not sure what we will do for Christmas. I feel confident in God that He will provide.

And I put all my faith today that my life and circumstances will turn around. Because what we expect is what we get in life. I am turning my thinking around. I write down my blessings in the mornings. I write out confessions to speak out over my life and I do it.

You have nothing to lose by doing this. But have everything to gain. Expect life to be good..Expect blessings from God to come to you..Expect favor everywhere you go. I do.

The physical is often hard to battle. Yesterday I was dwelling in the physical and not in the spirit. And it tore me down. I thought about all that surrounds me and I felt like giving up.

I was sitting on the floor by my bed crying..And praying. And I asked God to give me hope. I opened the Bible to Isaiah 35 and I began to read about heaven and how all of our sorrows would be wiped away. It gave me the courage to go get a bath and turn my day around.

Before that I was dwelling on my circumstances. I was thinking, I hate everything right now. I guess we all feel that way sometimes.

I have lived through many hard times and when I walk by faith instead of sight I know in my heart I can make it.

I wasn't going to write this today but I felt compelled.

Take a step with me today. Let's praise God for what He is going to bring us instead of complaining..Let us be different than others that surround us..

Let's make lemonade taste like a Summer day..Today.

love Nita

2 comments:

A bird in the hand said...

Prayer:
Show me the path, show me the light; what can I do to be happy today? What can I do to turn my life around?

It used to help me to say this over and over. It still does.

xxoo

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

I love.you Colette ...I miss you so much my heart hurts

About Me

My photo
I love beauty, whether it is in nature, literature or art. And I love music... My day feels incomplete if I haven't had a chance to listen to some good music.. I also love beautiful souls, and kind hearts.

Followers

Copyright@ 2007- 2013 by Nita Barrow- Zimmerman
all rights reserved. Please do not use my original art, photos, or reprint my writing without asking me for permission. Thank You...

Pick out one person a day to encourage.


Please pray for the protection of Israel.
And for the Jewish people who live there. May God give them the strength they need to defeat their enemies.
“To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless.”
—G.K. Chesterton (1874-1936); writer, critic
"There will come
a time
when you believe
everything is finished.
That will be the beginning."
Louis L'Amour
(1908-1988)

"Wisdom is knowing what to do next;
virtue is doing it."
David Star
(1851-1931)
exert from
The Philosophy of Despair
It is never too late to be who you might have been.
George Eliot
Friendship is a sheltering tree.
Samuel Taylor Coleridge
~Wishes are free~
So why not make one?
Psalm 138:7

Though I am surrounded by troubles, my God will preserve me against the anger of my enemies. He will clench His fist against my angry enemies! His Power will save me. The Lord will work out His plans for my life- for His faithful love endures forever.

Blog Archive

If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble.
Bob Hope

How to Build a Fairy House

How to Build a Fairy House


Minature Quilt

Janet Bolton

Janet Bolton
Quilt and Textile Artist

Miniature Quilt

Miniature Quilt

Miniature Quilt

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed