Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Inspiration

Psalm 91: 4-7

He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler. You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday. A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; but it shall not come near you.

Sometimes it is so scary in our society with all the things we have going on, I want to encourage you today not to be afraid.

The Power of One
When I was a kid I use to walk to school. There was an elderly woman who sat on her front porch everyday on the path that I took, whom I use to stop and talk to on the way to school and on the way home. Sometimes, to be honest, I really didn't want to but I did because I felt so sad for her.

As we were talking one day she said,"Do you know you are the only person I talk to everyday?'

"You are the only one who has even bothered to stop and talk to me. Out of all the people I see walk past my sidewalk, no one stops. I just want to thank you for stopping."

I walked home that day knowing I had made a difference in someones life.

Just by stopping and talking for a few minutes.

2 comments:

Sugar Bear said...

What a great story! You truly never know how much kind little gestures mean to someone.
Karla

Anonymous said...

Thank you for stopping by! What kind things you have to say. I like your story too. It's true, we don't always how we affect people.

About Me

My photo
I love beauty, whether it is in nature, literature or art. And I love music... My day feels incomplete if I haven't had a chance to listen to some good music.. I also love beautiful souls, and kind hearts.

Followers

Copyright@ 2007- 2013 by Nita Barrow- Zimmerman
all rights reserved. Please do not use my original art, photos, or reprint my writing without asking me for permission. Thank You...

Pick out one person a day to encourage.


Please pray for the protection of Israel.
And for the Jewish people who live there. May God give them the strength they need to defeat their enemies.
“To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless.”
—G.K. Chesterton (1874-1936); writer, critic
"There will come
a time
when you believe
everything is finished.
That will be the beginning."
Louis L'Amour
(1908-1988)

"Wisdom is knowing what to do next;
virtue is doing it."
David Star
(1851-1931)
exert from
The Philosophy of Despair
It is never too late to be who you might have been.
George Eliot
Friendship is a sheltering tree.
Samuel Taylor Coleridge
~Wishes are free~
So why not make one?
Psalm 138:7

Though I am surrounded by troubles, my God will preserve me against the anger of my enemies. He will clench His fist against my angry enemies! His Power will save me. The Lord will work out His plans for my life- for His faithful love endures forever.

Blog Archive

If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble.
Bob Hope

How to Build a Fairy House

How to Build a Fairy House


Minature Quilt

Janet Bolton

Janet Bolton
Quilt and Textile Artist

Miniature Quilt

Miniature Quilt

Miniature Quilt

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed