Pages

Friday, September 21, 2007

7th Day



Our lives are like a Kaleidoscope

We already have bits and pieces of beauty incorporated inside us, we just need to learn to draw it out. I met a woman yesterday who opened my eyes so very much. She had a neurological disorder. She shook and jerked so much that she dropped her purse and spilled the contents. My Mom and I helped her pick it up. She then dropped a piece of paper and could not pick that up by herself. I picked it up for her.

I noticed people stared at her and some were hiding smiles behind their hands. I felt a white hot anger at that. This poor soul struggling to just maintain sitting in a chair and trying so very hard not to drop anything, and then people laughing at her.

She sat by me and said ,"Thank you for not laughing at me."

I felt my throat get tight and a lump filled it . I said your welcome.

Thank you for not laughing at me. Powerful words. So many times I have been grateful that people didn't laugh at me as well when I did something. But this woman gets laughed at daily! She sat and talked to me awhile about her life and how her condition affected her. How she struggled just to eat without her food falling on the floor before she could get it in her mouth. When I left I felt so grateful about my own abilities. So many times we whine over having a bad day, and this woman has a nightmare of a day and she could still be nice to people. So many times I have heard people grip and grip about everything. I am as guilty as the next person. But I learned so much from this woman how to be grateful for even the smallest blessings in life. There is so much we can accomplish with our lives if we just try.

And, if you can imagine what you want your life to be like you can make it happen. Think about what makes you happy, and what you love, and then do it.

Click on the picture to read it.

~Nita~

9 comments:

Amy said...

NIta,
I am thrilled beyond belief that John is making such strides in his recovery! I am glad he will be closer to home even though he will not be at home yet. Each day is a triumph of his willpower, don't you think?
You are doing wonderful art. Keep it up. And I will keep up the prayers.
Amy

Anonymous said...

Wow Nita, you never cease to amaze me! I'm sure it was the right time for both you and her to meet.

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

Amy: I am thrilled John is making so much progress too. I do think each day is a triumph. Thank you for the compliment on my art. xoxo Nita

Vickie: I thought the same thing Vickie, that I met her at the right time. I learned so much from her in the 20 minutes I spoke to her. xoxo Nita

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

A beautiful post, Nita. Thanks for sharing the story.

Unknown said...

Nita,
I am so glad you loved the RAK. Proverbs is one of my favorite books too. My son enjoyed drawing the picture for John and he will be thrilled to hear John liked it.

This is a great post (again, love your handwriting on your art). The story about the woman you met is very touchng. God is awesome how He brings people together for a Divine spark. A friend of mine had a phrase for it, "That is so God".

Q said...

Dear Nita,
Having a grateful heart makes each day a joy to behold.
Your journal is lovely. Your story a blessing.
Thank you.
Sherry

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

Susan: Thank you. xoxo Nita

Nathalie: That is so true, it is so God. John not only liked his picture he loved it. He had me tape it carefully on the back of it so it would not get ripped. xoxo Nita

Sherry: Thank you. Being grateful doeas help. It is a way of life. xoxo Nita

katherine. said...

ah Nita...people can be cruel...or they can be used by God (like you were) as a true blessing.

Mary said...

You are right. There is always a person less fortunate but we continue to complain. Human nature, I guess.

About Me

My photo
I love beauty, whether it is in nature, literature or art. And I love music... My day feels incomplete if I haven't had a chance to listen to some good music.. I also love beautiful souls, and kind hearts.

Followers

Copyright@ 2007- 2013 by Nita Barrow- Zimmerman
all rights reserved. Please do not use my original art, photos, or reprint my writing without asking me for permission. Thank You...

Pick out one person a day to encourage.


Please pray for the protection of Israel.
And for the Jewish people who live there. May God give them the strength they need to defeat their enemies.
“To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless.”
—G.K. Chesterton (1874-1936); writer, critic
"There will come
a time
when you believe
everything is finished.
That will be the beginning."
Louis L'Amour
(1908-1988)

"Wisdom is knowing what to do next;
virtue is doing it."
David Star
(1851-1931)
exert from
The Philosophy of Despair
It is never too late to be who you might have been.
George Eliot
Friendship is a sheltering tree.
Samuel Taylor Coleridge
~Wishes are free~
So why not make one?
Psalm 138:7

Though I am surrounded by troubles, my God will preserve me against the anger of my enemies. He will clench His fist against my angry enemies! His Power will save me. The Lord will work out His plans for my life- for His faithful love endures forever.

Blog Archive

If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble.
Bob Hope

How to Build a Fairy House

How to Build a Fairy House


Minature Quilt

Janet Bolton

Janet Bolton
Quilt and Textile Artist

Miniature Quilt

Miniature Quilt

Miniature Quilt

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed